What information do we collect from users of the Service or this Site, and how do we use it?
The following describes the types of personal or other information we may collect about you through the Service or the Site, and how we use and maintain that information:
App Generated Data. When you use an app that integrates our Service, certain personal or usage information generated through your use of the app will be delivered to Coda Alliance in connection with the app’s utilization of the Service. We will host and process this information as part of our providing the Service to and on behalf of app developers that integrate their apps with the Service. We may also use this information to notify you of new features on the Service, or to request that you provide feedback to Coda Alliance about the Service. We may keep this information indefinitely.
Registration. When you use an app that utilizes the Service, you may be asked to register with Coda Alliance, or with the app provider or some other third party (such as Facebook through its app login functionality), and provide us or such third party certain personal information, such as your email address, first and last name or other contact information and personal details. If requested by or on behalf of Coda Alliance, this information is requested for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account, and to facilitate the functioning of the Service or other services. We may also use this information to notify you of new features on the Service, or to request that you provide feedback to Coda Alliance about the Service. We may keep this information indefinitely.
Correspondence. If you correspond with Coda Alliance through the Site or via email, we may gather in a file specific to you the information that you submit. We may keep this information indefinitely.
Blog. Any information that you post to the blog on the Site, including personal information about you, may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to the blog, and thus is no longer private. Please keep this in mind when considering what to post and make publicly available through our blog.
URL and IP addresses. Like many other providers of online services, we collect information about users of the Service and this Site. This information helps us to design the Service and this Site to better suit our users’ needs. For example, this Site will track the URL that you visited before you came to this Site, the URL to which you next go and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Service and this Site. Your IP address also is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information. We may keep this information indefinitely.
Third-Party Integrated Services. We may implement certain third-party advertising or other content on the Service or the Site, or integrate other third-party offerings in the Service or the Site, enabling such third parties to collect information about you through your use of the Service or the Site. Any information collected through such integrated technologies is collected directly by these third parties for use by such third parties, subject to their own privacy practices and policies.
To whom do we disclose information about you collected through the Service or this Site?
Coda Alliance may disclose personally identifiable information (as well as non-personally identifiable information) collected about you through the Service or this Site either (i) when we have your permission or (ii) in any of the following situations without your permission:
• In furtherance of our providing the Service, Coda Alliance may disclose information collected about you through the Service to third-party app developers that integrate their apps with the Service.
• Coda Alliance may also disclose information collected about you to our affiliates, and to third- party contractors who perform services on behalf Coda Alliance in connection with our providing the Service or this Site, or to complete or confirm a transaction that you conduct with us.
• Coda Alliance may disclose the results of aggregated data about you and other users of the Service or the Site without restriction (such as the number of users of the Service at a certain point in time). In these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you.
• Coda Alliance may disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances when legally obligated to do so, such as in connection with suspected illegal activity in connection with the Service or this Site or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. We reserve the right to release information collected through the Service or this Site to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
• Coda Alliance may also disclose information about you to third parties if needed to enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect against harm to the Service or the Site.
• If you use the Service or this Site outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area. By using the Service or this Site, you consent to such transfer and processing of data about you.
What security measures do we employ for information about you collected through the Service or this Site?
To help protect the privacy of data we collect through the Service or this Site, where personally identifiable information is directly requested by Coda Alliance, we use technology designed to encrypt any information that you input before it is sent to us. In addition, we take commercially reasonable steps to store all data that we collect through the Service or the Site with the objective of protecting such data against unauthorized access. However, the Service and this Site are operated on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, experience breaches of security or other problems beyond our control.
How can you correct or update information that stored about you by COMPANY?
You may correct or update information collected about you through the Service or this Site by contacting Coda Alliance at the email or mailing address noted below. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to update our files as promptly as possible.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Because there is not yet a common standard for how to interpret or respond to DNT signals, we currently do not respond to them. We also cannot control how third parties interacting with our Site (e.g., Google Analytics, Adwords, and others) respond to DNT signals.
What are the policies of linked websites and other third parties?
What is our policy on children users of the Service?
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years old, and no part of the Service or this Site is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICE OR THIS SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If we learn that any personally identifiable information of a person under 13 years old has been collected through the Service or this Site without verifiable parental consent, we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to Coda Alliance, then you may alert us at the address below and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
What are my California Privacy Rights?
Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information that Coda Alliance has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to Coda Alliance at the mailing address set forth below.
What law governs my use of the Service or this Site?
How can you contact us?
Coda Alliance 950 S. Bascom Ave., Ste. 1113 San Jose, CA. 95128
Effective Date: September 20, 2018